Monday, March 11, 2013

Terrible 2's

As a first time mother, I didn't believe in the terrible two's because when my baby turned 2 he wasn't terrible at all!  He was quite the opposite: sweet, happy, easy-going, loveable & well-behaved.  I thought this to be true until I met my 2nd little boy!  He just turned 2 years old approximately 1 month ago and I have to honestly say that I now believe in the TERRIBLE TWO'S!!!

Some perfect examples of the terrible two's:

  • This morning my 2 year old had a meltdown because I wouldn't keep re-applying his toothbrush with toothpaste!!
  • Every day that I wash the dishes he stands in front of my legs while I'm at the sink and pushes my legs as hard as he can to get me away from the sink.
  • He makes his whole body straight as a board when it's time to sit in his chair and eat.
  • Refuses to eat any of the dinners that I make (when he used to devour every meal no problem).
  • He refuses to potty train.
  • Threw a fit during the entire shopping experience at Walmart so bad yesterday that I was convinced as soon as I got home I was making myself a stiff drink (at 2:00 in the afternoon-I figured it was 5 o'clock somewhere).
  • He throws a crying fit if he spills his little snack bowls of food on the floor.
  • He does the gator roll most of his diaper changes these days.
I am just wondering does anyone else go through this???  If so I would LOVE to hear your stories so that I know that I am not alone!!!

Every time he pulls any of the above or any other instances that I have forgot to list, I wonder: Why couldn't I get the kid with the terrible two's first so that the second one would make me feel spoiled?  Instead I was so spoiled from the first one that I was absolutely shell shocked by the next!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am crazy about my little guy, he is so sweet and smart, he's just so high-maintenance sometimes, it makes me crazy!

Marina 


No comments:

Post a Comment