Monday, March 25, 2013

My homework is coming to an end...

As I sit here with my laptop, I am doing homework, my boys are watching Spongebob, boxing each other (boxing gloves and all), giving wedgies and spilling apple juice and pretzels all over my floor (thank God it's laminate!!!), I want to escape off to Pinterest land where there is nothing but pretty and fun things that I love!  We are starting the moving process and all I can do is pin endless amounts of awesome things to do when we get into our new home which I will then feel complete and ready to really make it our home.  For some reason I just can't get into personalizing this house like I know I will when we are out of here.  Maybe it's because others have lived here before or because it only has 2 rooms or because in the back of my head I know we're not staying here?  I think it's a combination of all 3 but either way it is all I can think about, especially when I think of how I just might get my own little space where I can go where little boys won't be strewn across the floor with their never ending supply of Bakugan, Gogo crazy bones, Hot Wheels, Legos, Power Rangers, Marvel characters, Yo Gabba Gabba, Team Umizoomi, Sesame Street, Nerf & last but not least wrestling gear!!!  I fantasize about storage space!  I can't be creative here, I can't be a girl and do girly things like be crafty and make things because this house was not cut out for all of us.  It has definitely served us well, but we all need our own space.  The teenager desperately wants a mini fridge in his own room and tried to talk me into a microwave as well so he "never has to come out" (nice try pal).  I want a big backyard where I can make a clubhouse that looks like the Bilbo Baggins' house for my 6-year-old & most importantly I need the 2-year-old to have his own room so mom & dad can spend quality time without fear that if my blanket so much as makes a rustling sound, he will wake up!  I swear this kid wakes up if you breathe wrong, I cannot count on both hands and feet how many times we have played freeze tag because he just moved from us adjusting our blankets or pillows: this is a luxury in my house. 

This brings me back to my original point: I will be finished with school in 11 more weeks and therefore; homework will be coming to an end.

trapped in mans land

P.S.
I suppose then I may have to get a job but that's another discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment